Auldbrass Plantation - 7 River Road, Yemassee, SC 29945




Auldbrass Plantation or Auldbrass is located in Beaufort County, South Carolina, near the town of Yemassee. The name is a variation of "Old Brass" which was the name given to the farmland and the local river landing. The earliest records from the farm are dated to 1736 when the farm was known as Mount Pleasant. An industrial engineer, C. Leigh Stevens, joined five parcels of land together along the Combahee River to form the plantation.

The main house, stable complex and kennels were designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright from 1940–1951. Wright is credited with changing the name to "Auldbrass". The plantation was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. It was purchased in 1986 by film producer Joel Silver after Donna Butler, a FLW real estate appraiser, convinced him to restore it. Auldbrass Plantation is an extraordinary example of historic preservation and is open to the public one weekend every two years, most recently November 7–8, 2015. Tours benefit the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy.

First, test order for a single PowerCurtain CL-920C4 Curtain Track System was placed in October of 2016 by Scott McNair, plantation manager. Main criteria of the replacement tracks is that they had to work with original wiring as well as with original wall controls.

Not long after the 1st test order was received and installed by the customer, remainder of the five units of PowerCurtain CL-920C4 tracks were ordered for historical Silent Gliss replacement on December 13th, 2016. plantation manager, Scott McNair. CL-920C6 Curtain Track motors were eventually replaced with CL-920C4 model variations of the motor.